It depends on the specific policies of the Oxnard Police Department. In general, bail can typically be posted at the police department where the person was arrested, but it's best to check with the department directly to confirm they will take bail at police station or have to wait until they are transferred to the Ventura County main jail. Some police departments have a bail window or bond desk where bail can be posted, while others may require bail to be posted at the jail or at the court.
You can also contact a bail bond agent, who can help you to post bail on the behalf of the arrested person. A bail bond agent can typically post bail at any jail or court in the area. They will usually require a non-refundable fee and will also require collateral, like a property or car, to secure the bond.
Keep in mind, that you should check the jail or court's visiting hours and dress code requirements before going there, because they vary from place to place. Also, if you are posting bail for someone who is in custody at a different city or county, you might need to post bail at a different location.Can you post bail at the Oxnard Police Department?
The best thing to do when someone is Arrested in the city of Oxnard, is give us a call at 805-639-0023. We will gather all the information necessary from the police department jail staff and explain the process to you if you wish to post an Oxnard bail bond at the Oxnard Police Station. There are some things to keep in mind when someone is arrested and taken to the Oxnard Police Department.
1. Booking process at the station takes anywhere from an hour to several hours depending on the staff workload.
2. They go through a Ventura County Jail booking process, which streamlines the process if they are transported
later to the Ventura County Jail.
3. Because the Oxnard Police Department is a temporary holding facility, no inmates will be held at the facility for very long, rather upon the opportunity will be transported to the Ventura County main jail.
4. If you wish to post an Oxnard Bail Bond at the Oxnard Police Station, you only have a small window
to do so, otherwise they will transport to the Ventura County Jail.
Posting an Oxnard Bail Bond is easy, and you should take the following steps to avoid your family or friend from being transported to the Ventura County Jail.
1. Immediately give me a call at 805-639-0023 upon the arrest so I or my staff can monitor the booking process.
2. Make sure when calling that you give us the arrested individual full name, and if available date of birth.
3. If your family or friend calls you from the Oxnard Police Station, ask them to verify the name they are being
As soon as the jailer advises that bail may be accepted, upon posting it, they will release your family or friend within 30 minutes to an hour.
We are also able to stream line the bail application process for posting an oxnard bail bond, by obtaining all the co-signers informaton over the phone. That way when myself or staff meet at the Oxnard Police Station, we are only need a couple of signatures and the process is complete.
For additional information on posting an Oxnard Bail Bond at the Oxnard Police Department, call 805-639-0023.